Monday, August 6, 2007

Day 24 - Shower Seat


The third wall of the shower was installed today along with the shower seat and two shelf units on the opposite wall. The seat sits on a stainless steel bracket bolted to the wall and glued in place. The dirty anti freeze bottles are to apply weight to allow the glue to set. It's humid again so the wall started pulling away and needed to be braced. No showers for 24 hours to give the glue a chance to dry thoroughly. Sure glad the pool is up In The Pool and I have no appointments for tomorrow.


The contractor also made notations on the wall where the electrical outlets will go. I thought some of the electrical would be done today. Not sure if the contractor is coming tomorrow as he mentioned he intends to begin tiling on Wednesday and will be staying all day.


The plumbing supply called and the vanity arrived earlier than expected. It will be delivered on Wednesday. Clapping Hands


We're moving slowly forward. The bathroom is still ugly but improving.







3 comments:

  1. Looks like it's coming along well. I never heard of a shower seat, guess that shows how rural I am! If we sat in the shower too long the well would run out of water.

    Or maybe it's for passing mermaids, I'm sure shower standing is hard when you have a tail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! your shower looks like a shower now.lol. I think if it were me, after all you have gone thru just to remodel it, I wouldn't even use it. lol. I just have there all nice and new, just for show.:D. Very humid here 2 in Az. I prefer the dry heat, it's more bearable to me.

    ReplyDelete