Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10 - 20 - 30 Tag




Erica from On The Write Path has tagged me. This is called the 10 -20 - 30 tag. The game is simple. You just blog what you were doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago.




10 years ago 1997: I was a stay at home mom with a 9 year old and a 5 year old. Mommy We had just switched the Eldest from public school to 4th grade at a parochial school. The Young One was enrolled in morning session kindergarten at the public school. The public school had changed the start time of school 15 minutes earlier to 8:30am, the same time as the parochial school. The Eldest's new school was a fifteen or twenty minute commute to a town south of us. I didn't have anyone that could see the Young One got on the bus so she had to come for the ride and arrived to school late every day. After the first 3 weeks, I got a call from the principal at the public school chastising me for the fact that the Young One was late. I explained to him I couldn't be in two locations at the same time and the Young One would be late to school every single blessed day of the year because it was more important the Eldest be at her school on time. He was not happy. I stopped him dead with, "If she's late to kindergarten, will it mar her chances to get into Harvard?"


20 years ago 1987: I was a computer programmer for a software house to the electronic and electrical distribution industry. I was working on a point of sale system. I was also expecting The Eldest.
Pregnant Smiley


30 years ago 1977: I graduated from Boston University with a BA in English. Teddy Grad I concentrated in Medieval English Literature and could read 3 dialects of Middle English. After graduation, I worked full time at our local hospital in the laboratory (I had worked there through high school) I was promoted from lab receptionist to a float and I helped out in various departments. I was on the phlebotomy team in case of disasters and was stationed in the ER. I was the OSHA inspector for the lab. I ran the lab computer and made rounds picking up blood test orders from all the floors. I was the bench technician in microbiology. You name the bodily substance, I plated it. Winky


If you want to play, let me know so I can link your blog so others can read.
Gringita decided to play. Read what she was up to 10-20-30 yrs. ago: Gringita's Blog
See what Pete was up to 10-20-30 yrs. ago: Pete's Blog

4 comments:

  1. Hi CJ, just stopped by to see what you've been up to lately, and enjoyed your blogs as always. Looks like you are enjoying your time on blogspot - is it better to use than the other? Take Care & Best Wishes from Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CJ! I just posted a 10-20-30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carol! I'm running over to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had an interesting life---sure hope the scrabblings in the wall have stopped. Has INK gained any weight this week?

    ReplyDelete