Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Richard Widmark


Richard Widmark is my number one all time hero. Today, he celebrates his 93rd birthday. He was born in Sunrise, MN, 26. December 1914.

My friend, Nutterone, was a good sport when she drove me to visit his birthplace when I was in MN There's nothing there except an empty field where the house he was born in stood and a sign at the only two crossroads in town commemorating their favorite son. Still it was a big thrill for me. Danke, Fraue

Richard Widmark Tribute

Add to My Profile More Videos

3 comments:

  1. Hm, well it seems to me if he was all THAT special, he'd have a monument somewhere or a museum. Even The Little Mermaid has a monument and she's not even REAL.

    Ducking and running,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I conceed the existence of a Richard Widmark museum and a possible taint of greatness. And I do love the name Richard--but that's as far as I'm going. :)

    ReplyDelete