Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Table Display


Tomorrow night is the WAM Open House. As an instructor, it's a chance for me to show off some of my work, promote my class, and meet and greet students.


In the past, because of bringing in some of my altered books, prospective students have thought my class was more about scrapbooking than lettering arts. I made a display for my table that I hope will draw people in and also make it clear what my work is about.


I would have preferred to leave the tin cans in their naked state with just the "who" and "you" wrapper, but there was the worry that the edge of the can was sharp and since people like to touch things, the sharp edge would be a problem. So, altered cans. Blue


If you're in the area Thurs. night from 5:30pm to 7pm, drop by to say hello. There will be a student art show, demonstrations, and food. Sign up for a class. Calligraphy's a good choice. Winky

6 comments:

  1. I would if I could. Hope you get lots and lots of students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come by... much less take the class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your display,,,wished I could be there. Wow! I would have lots of fun. Good luck, hope you have success at having lots of students. hugs,
    Dollydonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. lanafitzsimons@btinternet.comJanuary 13, 2008 at 6:26 PM

    I'm one of those awful people who can't keep their hands to theirselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, so I made my previous comment before I read this! roflmao! duh!!!! WElll, you need to do another open house with jus ur class displayed. lol...I do hope your class got off the ground. I like the altered can look. I remember once when I was small, I had cut my finger on the top part of a can, after my dad had opened it. Nowadays, they make the top part of the can dull. I think about that and think why did it take someone so long to figure that out and apply it to all the cans on the market today? hmmm... I think too much. :D

    ReplyDelete