Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Writer's Meme


The Writer’s Meme
What’s the last thing you wrote? The first chapter of a Big Valley fanfic story called Spurred On. All my fanfics can be found at my site Heathwave's Corner. Shameless plug


What’s the first thing you ever wrote that you still have? A very dreadful poem I wrote in high school. Heath going off to war


Favorite genre of writing? Western


Most fun character you ever wrote? Besides Heath, Asa Waters from Just Heath


Most annoying character you ever wrote? Corporal Wessel from Just Heath, enjoyed tormenting the men in Carterson prison


Best plot you ever wrote? Just Heath. It’s a story within a story, and I was told I did near graduate level research. ROTFL


Coolest plot twist you ever wrote? Having Heath be a drummer boy during the Civil War.


How often do you get writer’s block? From time to time. Right now I'm blocked on Spurred On


How do you fix it? Dunno, I’m still blocked


Write fan fiction? Yes, and I whine.


Do you type or write by hand? Usually I use Word to compose my stories. It’s easier to cut and paste to move paragiraffes around. I did write the last chapters of Just Heath in longhand as I was sitting in the car waiting for my parents to finish grocery shopping


Do you save everything you write? Yup, save my fanfics and blogs


Do you ever go back to an old idea long after you abandoned it? Haven’t yet


What’s your favorite thing that you’ve written? I’m quite partial to Just Heath. I’m proud of the way I worked bits of canon and series dialogue into the story and had a unique view of Heath as a drummer boy during the Civil War.


What’s one genre you have never written, and probably never will? I don’t think I could write Romance.


How many writing projects are you working on right now? I’m stalled on Spurred On. I've been too busy whining at my other blog, Whine and Cheeze


What are your five favorite words? Not sure I have any favorites, at least not that I can print. Gyromausolate is a favorite, but I have yet to use it in a story. Looking over this meme, Just and Heath.


What character that you’ve written most resembles you? When Heath mouths off, that’s me.


Do you ever write based on your dreams? No, but I have composted my stories in my dreams.


Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write? I is trying


Does music help you write? No, I work best in silence


How do people react when they find out you write? When they find out I write fanfiction? Like this Rolling Eyes


Quote something you’ve written. The first thing to pop into your mind. “I want justice! I want justice like you got when you put a bounty out on the man who murdered your husband. You didn’t give him a job. You didn’t invite him to sit at your table. You didn’t invite him for a roll in between your sheets!” As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Heath realized he had gone too far, but there was no going back ." Heath to Victoria in Guilt


This meme came from Kaye Dacus. If you mosey onto her blog, you can enter her 500th blog post contest.

2 comments: