Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In


Well, butter my buns and call me a biscuit! I lost 3 pounds this week. I had to get on the scale three times to make sure I was reading the scale correctly. Yup, down three for a total of 12 and 28 left to go.


My friend, Red, came over on Friday for bagels, and I was whining to her about hitting the plateaus. Red is a personal trainer and fitness instructor. She told me if I was eating what I should be eating without hitting too many goodies and still not losing weight, I needed to shake things up. Red said your body gets used to things. Starts thinking this is pretty easy, I'm ok.

She suggested I use the incline feature on my treadmill. Walk a while at my normal routine then hit the incline and walk a few minutes "up hill". It worked!

What do you do when you hit the plateau?

2 comments:

  1. Course, you could get a REAL dog that needed to be walked. That's an exercise motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what she said... mix it up. I'm SO happy for you!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete