Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In


After a long expedition to the Mahket and coming home to fight with Vista, here I am with the Wednesday Weigh-In, a day late and a dollar short.


No loss for the week, no surprise there. No gain and that was a very pleasant surprise. The Young One and I went out to dinner Mon. night at the Longhorn Steakhouse. I had planned what I was going to order ahead of time. House salad with balsamic vinaigrette on the side, The Renegade steak, and a baked sweet potato without the signature butter and brown sugar. The steak is an 8 oz cut and the potato is usually large so I planned to cut each in half and only have half for dinner. It's what I usually do because the portion is so large, I can't really finish it.


All went according to plan until The Young One ordered. She ordered the same thing, but had the butter and brown sugar on her potato. Well, how many extra calories could that be? So I had it too.


While eating dinner we both eyed the dessert menu. We've eaten at this restaurant before and the fried cheesecake just sounded so appealing. Usually Himself and The Eldest are with us and they make comments about how the dessert sounds so disgusting. So when the Young One asked if I would split dessert with her, I didn't hesitate. The only way to improve a good thing is to deep fry it.


The picture of the dessert was very deceiving. The waitress brought out a footed punch bowl filled with 8 petite four-sized fried cheesecakes on a mountain of vanilla icecream and strawberry sauce. The dessert was so big we barely made a dent in it. We did eat the little cheesecakes but left behind most of the vanilla ice cream. Fried cheesecake is so goooooooood.


I know I should be remorseful, but I'm not. The whole evening would have been worth an extra pound or two. I enjoyed the company of my youngest. Before dinner, we browsed the mall and went into her favorite stores: FYE, The Game Stop and Barnes and Noble where she dropped hints for Christmas. Over dinner she told me the goings on at school, the subjects she likes, the subjects that bore her. She told jokes and made me laugh.


Not losing an ounce this week was so worth it.


Ok, ok. I know. Three Our Fathers and Three Hail Marys and I promise to be better next week.

1 comment:

  1. Remember, last week they changed out the scales and I was up .2 lb, so I think last nights' weigh-in really should be stretched over 2 weeks. Whatever my story, I was down 5.6lbs last night for a total of 9.8 for my first 4 weeks. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete