Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Floor


A week after the floor was started, the sun room is back in order. The floor took longer to put down than Himself anticpated. It was also a lot more difficult to clean the grout grit and haze off than I anticipated. I was able to get the surface dirt off with a mop, but had to scrub each tile individually while on my hands and knees. Pardon me while I raise my wrist to my forehead. I kept wondering what maroon thought textured tile was a good idea. Luckily, we found a radio station 1250 AM WARE that plays real oldies, music from the 50's and 60's. Scrubbing to do-wop made the chore go faster.


I'm so happy to be back out here, and I love the floor. Himself did a great job. Ink is happy to be back on his (my) chair though not happy about having his picture taken.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great... and I don't know. I think Ink likes photos. He oft finds himself in them.

    Before Hans died, I was considering a textured tile for the kitchen, in order to give him traction to get up and down. However, I was lamenting the horrible cleaning... Thanks for confirming. I wondered if it would be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Some day I hope to have a room like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very nice! Kudos to Himself! And to you. You could eat off that floor!

    ReplyDelete