Saturday, July 11, 2009

Seven



Erica's Friday Five, about five things that happened to her when she was expecting was a wonderful trip down memory lane for me. Friday was The Eldest's 21st birthday. Seven things I remember when I was expecting her:





1. I had morning sickness, afternoon sickness, and night sickness for the first three months.





2. The smell of Lysol made me hurl.





3. I was very grumpy for most of the day before The Eldest was born.





4. The night before she was born, I spotted. Doc sent us to the hospital (45 min.) away. No worries. Go home. It must have been a slow night because before we left, one of the nurses decided to put me on the monitor. "Oh, my! You're in labor!"





5. I called my friend from the Labor Room to ask her to tape Robert Redford in The Electric Horseman. Priorities dontchaknow.





6. Labor started, stopped, started, stopped. Some 24 hours later, ended up having a C-section.





7. When The Eldest tipped the scale at 8 lbs. 10 oz., one of the nurses said, "This baby's ready for school."



Any war stories you'd like to share?

2 comments:

  1. :)) The baby's ready for school! LOL Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 pounds out of you must have seemed huge, but it ain't all that huge... Isn't it a cool journey?

    ReplyDelete