Sunday, August 30, 2009
This Meme came from Facebook.
Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen movies you've seen that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Tag fifteen friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what movies my friends choose.
Yes, I know you are devastated because you'd like to list 25, but try for 15. These are all movies that, if they are on, I absolutely must watch until they are finished.
1. Day the Earth Stood Still, 1951, the real one with Michael Rennie
2. The Alamo, the real one with Richard Widmark and John Wayne
3. Kiss of Death, 1947, the real one with Richard Widmark
4. Ben Hur
5. The Quiet Man
6. The Great Escape
7. Titanic, with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyck
8. The Rock
9. Ghost Rider
10. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11. Take the High Ground
12. The Wizard of Oz
13. Gone with the Wind
14 The Long Ships
15. The Vikings
Your turn. What movies do you love to watch over and over again?
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
The next ATC theme is pets and it occurred to me the 1. Sept. deadline is just around the corner. Today, I began the prep worked involved for making the ATCs.
I had an idea in my head involving my pet, a black cat named, Ink. I also had a piece I worked on that went awry so I happily cut it up into 2 .5" x 3.5" cards. Paper used was Diploma Parchment. Thought it would be fun to marble the cards. Dropped some sumi ink into a pie plate of water (the technique is called suminigashi marbling) and floated the cards on top. Ta-da!
On pieces of off cuts, I sketched an outline of Ink in his favorite spot, looking out the sun room slider. I went over the outline with a pointed pen and sumi ink and then painted the outline in sumi ink.
Tomorrow, I'll cut the Inks out and glue them to the cards. Then will letter, "I play with Ink" on each card.
You wouldn't think there would be any preparation to making a tiny card, but there you have it. An idea, paper selection, media selection, technique, sketching, outlining, painting. And I don't have a final product yet!
What kind of prepartation do you take in your line of work?
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
From Facebook The Nosy Question Survey:
1. Would you rather have money or be good looking? If I had money, I could pay to be good looking.
2. Would you rather be thinner or smarter? Thinner
3. What color do you hate wearing? Pink
4. What's your favorite comfort food? Chocolate
5. What's your favorite exercise? Sitting in the Lay-Z Boy and putting my feet up.
6. What's your least favorite house chore? Man-cleaning the toilet (i.e under the seat and rim)
7. What kind of surgery have you had? The painful kind.
Want to play? Copy to your blog and then let me know. Help enable the nosy. (-;
Thursday, August 6, 2009
I have a recurring dream. I dream of twinkling stars in skies so blue it takes my breath away. Sometimes I can see outlines of the constellations as they appear on maps or in books. Incredible vistas in magnificent shades of blue. Dark blues, light blues, almost day time. I always awake amazed and awed.
I've had the star dreams since I was a kid. It took me a long time to realize these dreams always occur when I am most happy and centered. I haven't had a star dream in a very long time.
Do you have recurring dreams?
Watercolor wash over 18K Gold Leafing pen on Arches Text Wove.