Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wed Letter Day

The letter "R" brought to you by all the rain that seeped into the basement this month. Turquoise watercolor with Dr. Ph Martin's gold and silver dropped in while the background was still wet. Reminds me of the rainbows sometimes seen in oil slicked puddles. The letter was done with water soluble pastels. Since the letter was finished around 1am while the last band of heavy rains wrapped around us, and I had nothing better to do,  I took the piece outside, stood in the rain catching raindrops. Glad it was pitch dark outside so no one would see I ain't got enough sense to get out of the rain. The rain made interesting spots on the letter and the colors ran a bit in the upper left hand corner.

Have you done any crazy things for your art? Writers, have you walked in a public place going over character dialogue out loud?

6 comments:

  1. How cool is that!!!! Where do you live that you are getting all this rain? Is there any hope for sun in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in south central Massachusetts. Right above the "T" borders of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. We've had the wettest month on record since Aug. 1995 when two hurricanes hit the area. The sun should be coming out on Thurs and temps are supposed to get close to 80 for Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, CJ!!! I'd love to see you out in the rain for your art! I guess it's kind of like a writer burrowing her nose down into the damp grass and sniffing so that she can get a good sense of the smell. The neighbors would probably go, "There she goes again, that crazy writer!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! My husband thinks I've lost it when I sit and stare into space. I tell him, "I'm writing." Meaning, I'm working on my story in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain splatters are cool! Now that's something I'd never thought to do. I wish it'd rain here--we just got the wind and the cold. Brr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the raindrops! How do you keep coming up with so many completely different ways of writing a letter?

    Hoping you dry out soon so you can enjoy the fun part of Spring!

    ReplyDelete