Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Signs of Spring

If the daffodils, tulips and buds on the hydrangea weren't enough of a clue that Spring has arrived for me, the marathon sneezing bouts did it. Last week, before the rains, the culprits were the maple, poplar, and pine trees. With every breath, I could feel the histamines invade my body. Eyes rubbed red and raw. A general feeling of malaise that even a nap couldn't cure. Over the counter allergy medications are only good if I don't need to be conscious. And why do non-drowsy allergy medications carry a "this product may cause drowsiness" warning? Benedryl is absolutely the best OTC remedy though it renders me comatose which is probably why it works so well.

If you suffer from seasonal allergies, how do you cope?

3 comments:

  1. That does NOT sound like fun! The eye rubbing would drive me nuts, and make me look like a raccoon ;) My oldest has allergies, and she has to take the non-drowsy sleepy meds. Partially for stuff floating in the air, and definitely for furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Allergies stink. My son has had a runny nose and watery eyes ever since things began blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whine a lot. The pollen counts are terrible this year. I'm so tired of rubbing my eyes and waking up with a stuffy nose.

    Good luck getting through this!

    ReplyDelete