Friday, May 21, 2010

The Friday Five


This week the end of an era has started as The Young One participates in the hoopla countdown toward her high school graduation. Five things I have done for the last time this week:

1. Applauded the band and chorus at the Spring concert.

2. Bought a rose and raffle tickets to support the high school music program. I didn't win the Bose Wave Music System.

3. Baked for a school school function.

4. Up at 4:30am to see The Young One off to the Great East Music Festival competition and band/chorus end of year trip. Her high school is always the first to perform. The kids have to be at the high school at 5:30 am and the bus leaves at 6am.

5. Saturday night, we'll pick The Young One up from the trip. (This year, they are going to New York to see The Lion King performed on stage. ) Hopefully, the bus will arrive on time at 11 pm and we won't have to wait in the school parking lot an hour and a half as we have done the past couple of years.

I'm going back to bed. What have you done for the last time this week?

3 comments:

  1. Like you, I attended my daughter's last concert. Seems like she JUST STARTED high school, and I can't believe how fast it has all spun out this year. Sniff. On to new things! Now, if only I could plan the party, we'd be golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm with you, Georgiana. Plan the party? I haven't gotten that far yet. Haven't set the date. Haven't made invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kitty. :)

    Sounds like a memorable week. Happy but a bit sad too?

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete