Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Counting Blessings


Red invited me for tea. I haven't seen Red since June when we were in two places at once. We've talked over the summer, tried to get together, but between the new roof, caring for elderly folks, her vacation, and college prep, we were in a different space-time continuum.

Red had the table set with her fine china tea cups. There were bagels and flavored cream cheese (blueberry and honey walnut), zucchini bread and an assorted choice of tea: Earl Grey, Lady Grey, English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, as well as plain old Red Rose. Usually, I'd choose Early Grey, but decided I wanted a robust cup of tea so had the Irish Breakfast.

Was so good to catch up, share a cup of tea along with a heaping side of whine and cheeze. I'm blessed. What small blessing are you thankful for?

This page done with Ziller Glossy Black and a Nikko G nib, stickers, and string because I was too lazy to draw a teacup.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love tea and teacups. Secondly, I love this picture. Third? I am hungry for the entire spread you just described!

    Thanks, now I'm off for a cookie. :)

    ReplyDelete