Friday, September 17, 2010

The Friday Five

Five things I like about this time of year.

1.  I love blue. It's my favorite color and the sky always seems to be an impossible shade of blue.

2. It's apple season. Apple pie. Mulled cider. When my girlies were little we had an annual trek to the local apple orchard. We'd spend an afternoon picking and eating tart, crisp apples in the orchard. Afterward, we'd get a handful of corn to feed the animals in the petting zoo. The Young One would patiently stand in line for a ride on Peanut Butter, a very patient and very large gelding. No little pony for the Young One.

3. It's jacket season. My jacket has inside and outside pockets so I don't have to carry a purse. I'm not big on pockabooks. Don't carry that much with me to warrant lugging around the steamer trunk my ma carries. Wallet, phone, keys fit nicely in my pockets.

4. There's still time to enjoy the sun room. And if it's a little chilly in the evening, the little space heater and my down throw are just right.

5. Samhain. Halloween, my favorite holiday is just around the corner.

What do you like about this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the blue skies. And loving the fresh, crisp, cooler air. And then there is football.

    ReplyDelete