1. Richard Widmark in Hell and High Water gritty Cold War story meets filme noire love story aboard a stubmarine.
2. Run Silent, Run Deep. Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster. A popular commander is passed over for promotion in favor of a tough captain with a personal score to settle.
3. The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming misunderstanding and a common goal lead to detente in this Cold War comedy with Carl Reiner and Alan Arkin
4. The Hunt for Red October The Soviets and Americans in a cat and mouse game searching for the Soviet sub, Red October. Sean Connery "One ping only, Vasily." and Alec Baldwin "Next time, Jack, send a memo"
5. Das Boot Jürgen Prochnow. The hunters become the hunted.
When bad weather keeps you inside what movies do you like to watch? Or if movies aren't your cup of tea or coffee, what books do you like to read?