Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Experimenting with Glazes - 1

Inspired by a journal page Angelia created using glazes, I decided to give it a try. Supposedly using glazes brings depth to a piece. I found a bottle of glaze medium purchased for some workshop, but never used. Perfect. Wouldn't have to run out and buy more materials to sit in the drawer.

With Angelia's leaf and bird motif in my head, I flipped through my quote book and found two quotes I thought would make good companions for a spread.

"Use the talents you possess for the world would be silent if no birds sang except the best."
"Every heart sings a song incomplete until another heart whispers back" - Plato

Here's the spread laid out in pencil with a bit of blue mixed with the glaze.

What are you working on? Are you experimenting with something new for you?

4 comments:

  1. Those are great quotes. I'm working on the rough draft of book #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yay for finding an art supply in a drawer to use!

    I'm working on plotting a novella collection. That's new. Never done a novella collection before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weddiing invitation envelopes, almost at the halfway mark. When I need a break, I have been working on filling a book with 'zentangles' but I am only about a quarter of the way to filling that up...hoping to be done by the guild May meeting. Guess I better get doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, maybe I should consider not using two computers! That previous comment was actually by me, but signed in as the guild....

    ReplyDelete