Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaNoJouMo - 4

Day 4:  Spiders make me reach the high notes. As far back as I can remember, I have had a mortal dread of spiders. Not sure where it came from. Might have come from watching the spider go after The Incredible Shrinking Man. It matters not whether the spiders are dot-sized, quarter-sized, smooth or hairy. The sight of them makes me hit a high C note. And it doesn't help that I've been bitten by spiders twice and had nasty reactions to the bite.

 I was at my folks yesterday waiting for the technician to check a problem with the furnace.  As I walked into the living room, I caught movement and froze. A spider was rappelling from the ceiling! It freaked me out!

Are you an arachnophobe?

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid of spiders. And there's nothing to be ashamed of in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rappelling from the ceiling! LOL I can see it now! Replete with ropes and various climbing paraphernalia dangling from his belt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not scared of spiders, don't like them, mind you, but not scared. Now snakes, that's my problem. At least they don't rappel from the ceiling!!

    ReplyDelete