Friday, January 13, 2012

The Friday Five

Telephone calls in the middle of the night usually aren't good news. No one calls at 3:30am to have a chat. Share a glass of whine with me about calls in the dead of night.

1. Don't know about you, but running to get to the phone starts my heart beating so fast I feel as if I'm having a heart attack.

2. Yes, it's a relief to hear the news is not dire, but...

3. Now, I'm wide awake, and can't get back to sleep.

4. I also start to feel a little nauseous when the adrenaline starts to wear off.

5. And when I wake up, I'm out of sorts and cranky. On the plus side, I have a blog topic for today, but I think I need a nap.

Do you have anything you want to whine about?

4 comments:

  1. No specific whine...unless it is that winter has finally arrived with snow, wind, and below zero temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whine for this week is that *everyone* I know going to the conference this summer has already received their registration packet, everyone but me!!! and if that isn't bad enough, they have forecast snow for the Vancouver area for Sunday. The upside to that is that I can almost legitimately not join my walking group on Monday morning to walk the beach promenade!! the hills down to the beach are treacherous if it is icy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, wine, yes, whine---not so much at the moment. But I'm sure if I wait a bit I'll think of something!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm always up for a good whine session. Our storm door sounds like it's going to fly off, and my dog still yaps at the vacuum, even though she's seen the appliance at least once a week for two years. *sigh*

    I do not like middle of the night phone calls either. :)

    ReplyDelete