Thursday, January 12, 2012

Treasure

While cleaning out my dad's office (formerly the attic), I found a lost treasure. Not gold. Not wads of cash stuck in a suitcase. Nothing that would let me into the Antiques Roadshow. I found my old Sprirograph set! Ma didn't give it away or toss it out!  I loved this toy. Spent hours playing with it. The boxed set was tucked safely in the bottom of a storage box. Only one small wheel is missing, and I'm pretty sure that happened on my watch a long time ago. The four colored ballpoint pens (red, green, black, and blue) are long gone, but as tested this morning, an ultrafine Sharpie markers works perfectly. Big smile.

Did you play with a Spirograph?

5 comments:

  1. great memory! I loved my Sprirograph. I would spend hours playing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my Spirograph too! It is still in the basement of my parents' house. I loved the 4 colors of pens. Many of my finest creations are still in the box.

    Might have to pull it out now and get some sharpies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we had a Spirograph. The only thing I didn't like about it was using those tiny pushpins to hold the frame. They left holes in the paper when you were done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! a Spirograph...I loved mine and also spent hours with it, the more intricate the pattern the better and then colouring in the little spaces. You are so lucky to still have yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wanted (still do!) a Spirograph! But alas, I never got one! LOL

    ReplyDelete