Thursday, October 11, 2012

Prep

Last year during the month of November, I participated in NaNoJouMo, National Nonstop Journal Month. The idea borrowed from NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, is to journal each day during the month.  I'm planning on doing that again.

 Instead of using a commercial journal, I made a journal following instructions from Teesha Moore's 16 page journal made from one sheet of paper. I used two sheets of Arches Text Wove to form two signatures to form the book. Text Wove folds easily takes ink and paint well. I'll bind the book afterwards as I think it will be easier to work in before it's bound. Also, I think I'll use a different binding technique than the one that Teesha Moore uses.

There are no rules to participating, other than to work in the journal each day. If you want to play and don't know where to start, Dawn DeVries Sokol will be posting prompts each day to spark your creativity. You don't need to make your own journal. You don't need a fancy journal. You can use a composition notebook, scrap paper, loose leaf paper, old phone books, or new ones. Use a pencil, pen or makers, or paint up a storm. Up to you. Snag Dawn's badge for your blog to help spread the word.

Will you be participating in NaNoJouMo or NaNoWriMo?

No comments:

Post a Comment