Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNoJouMo - 10

The Eldest told me she needed cupcakes to take to a function. I thought of the tons of goodies I had made for school bake sales, Girl Scout functions, school parties, and I didn't have to bake any more! No more rushing to get baked items frosted and packed while leaving the oven on.

The Eldest baked her cupcakes while I was paying bills in the kitchen. She pulled the last batch out of the oven, set them on the cooling rack, and made a beeline to her room.

"Is the oven supposed to be on?", I shouted.

I heard a scream and then a wail. "OHMYGAWD, I'm turning into you!"

4 comments:

  1. Now that’s a good mother! Handing down your best traits! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as funny when it happens to us, but hilarious when it happens to our children.

    ReplyDelete