Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNoJouMo - Day 8

A quote from The Doctor Who episode Vincent and the Doctor

" It seems to me there's so much more to the world than the average eye is allowed to see. I believe, if you look hard, there are more wonders in the universe than you could ever dream."

I decided to try a technique found at Angelia's Art Journals 
You color with crayons or oil pastels. Then paint over the entire image with black artist acrylic. When the paint is thoroughly dry, scrape the paint with a craft knife. The crayon will resist the paint, and the paint will scrape off fairly easily. Where crayon didn't hit the paper, the paint will adhere.

I remembered doing this technique in grammar school, only the nun who taught art mixed black tempera paint with liquid laundry starch. We were supposed to color a design with our crayons and when we scraped the paint off, our design would look like a stained glass window.  I seem to recall I drew a whole bunch of mermaids.

Water soluble oil pastels, Liquitex Soft Body Ivory Black, Ziller Midnight Blue ink, Brause 3/4 mm. nib

No comments:

Post a Comment