Friday, September 28, 2012
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Sister rang the hand held school bell signalling to the students to line up by class to enter the building. Boys in one line and girls in another.
Sister stood in front of the eighth grade boys waiting for all the students to come to order. She was a very pretty, young woman. Such a shame her beauty had to be hidden behind a wimple and a long black habit. Sister What A Waste. All of the eighth grade boys had a crush on her.
The Brother was the sixth boy in line Waiting became tedious.The Brother loaded the hair pin and pressed it to the ample backside of the boy in front of him. The fellow yelped and leaped forward. The boys in line went down like dominoes. The force of the tumbling boys caused the first boy to jump on Sister knocking them both over.
The Brother was sent to Mother Superior for a suitable punishment. I don't remember the punishment that was meted out, but The Brother was told he had to bring a note from Dad explaining why The Brother "was so bold."
The following morning as the students filed pass Mother Superior's office, she caught a glimpse of The Brother.
"Mr. T," her voice thundered. "Where is the note from your father?"
"He's on his way in."
Monday, September 24, 2012
Friday, September 21, 2012
1. My teeth felt so smooth.
2. I could finally eat forbidden foods: corn on the cob, pretzels, popcorn, carmels
3. Didn't have to carry a blob of beeswax around in case a wire sprung loose.
4. Didn't have to discreetly try to remove or replace tiny elastics
5. Could smile for pictures without blinding the photographer. I got my braces on a week before high school senior class pictures were taken. Got the braces taken off during my junior year in college.
Did you or do you have braces?
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Monday, September 17, 2012
Friday, September 14, 2012
1. The red high tops I ordered arrived earlier than expected.
2. The company I hired to do the final cleanout of the old homestead, said the job would take three days to complete. They finished in two.
3. Because the cleanout went so quickly, the real estate agent was able to list the house earlier than expected.
4. Minutes after the listing went live, an offer was made on the old homestead.
5. The Eldest gave me and her sister a gift. No reason. Just because. The Young One received a cool, bat cuff bracelet. The Eldest gave me this fun shelf sitter.
How was your week?
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Can't take classes during the day, and don't want to go out at night? No worries. Signed up your kid to take a class on Saturday mornings?
Don't sit in the lobby waiting for two hours. Treat yourself to a class.
I'm teaching Practical Calligraphy, Saturday mornings, 10 AM - Noon, 6. October 2012 to 10. November 2012, 6 sessions.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Monday, September 10, 2012
I carried the book downstairs. I should have put it in a trash bag, but I couldn't. I just couldn't bear to let it go. The duct tape holding the binding together had dried out. I carefully pulled the old tape away. Before I knew it, I had a roll of duct tape and was carefully measuring, cutting, and applying new pieces of tape. The old book will have a new job. It's big and heavy. It will make a perfect weight to flatten paper. That's what I'll tell Himself if he asks.
Are there any items you're so attached to you can't bear to part with?
Friday, September 7, 2012
1. Fill out and sign contract for cleaning company.
2. Scan contract as PDF and send to company via email.
3. Prepare out of pocket expense report for lawyer.
4. Write thank you note
5. Write condolence note.
What's on your docket today?
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
|Scan the QR Code with your smartphone to download my app|
I found out about AppGuppy from ArtsyShark. And you know me and widgets, I just had to play.
AppGuppy is an easy and free way to create a mobile app to promote your business or yourself. You don't need to know any fancy programming and in five minutes you'll have your own app. AppGuppy steps you through the process. There are several templates to choose from. Customize the content from your social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr. You can test the app using your browser or phone. When you're happy with how it looks, AppGuppy generates a QR Code and a URL so you can easily share your app with all your friends. Go to http://CJKennedy.appguppy.com from your browser and you'll be given prompts to send my app to your phone. You can go to the URL from your phone and download the app directly. You can also share you app from Facebook and Twitter.
My app tabs include an RSS feed for my blog and Twitter (because I wouldn't want you to miss the scintillating things I blog or tweet about), Tumblr (I'll be uploading some of my work to be used as an electronic portfolio), a tab with my teaching schedule, and how to contact me. Wicked cool!
The app is very easy to use and tech support is just an email away. Excellent tech support, btw. There's a small bug with my About Page on Facebook, and my email was answered quickly to help resolve the problem.
So what are you waiting for? Go make your app! Don't forget to share it with me.
Monday, September 3, 2012
Do you use Tumblr?