Saturday, May 25, 2013

Movie Day

A dreary, rainy Friday.The Eldest was at the Anime convention, The Young One was at work, and Himself had the day off. Our plans for yard work were drowned so we headed to the movie theater, and my wish to see Star Trek Into Darkness came true.

I heard a lot of negative comments about the movie, but for the most part I loved it. Lots of special effects, homages to the original show, and Bones is still my favorite.The leads must have spent hours watching the original show as speech and movement are so close to the original actors.

I could have done without the cartoonish alien, companion of Mr. Scott. The little character brought nothing to the movie not even comic relief which was the intent, I think. I also hated the romance between Uhura and Spock. So out of character especially when they suck face on the bridge. Conduct unbecoming an officer.

We came home to find Verizon offering free access to the premium channels. We settled down and watched Battleship. My pick. I love action-packed, special effects and things that go boom. Predictable plot, but fun.

If that wasn't enough movie watching for a rainy day, we watched Prometheus. It had special effects, things that go boom, a rogue robot (because aren't they all?) and no plot. I'm glad the movie was free.

And the weather dudes are predicting the weekend will be a washout. Wonder what we will watch next?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Star Trek review. Saved me the price of admission! ;) (Enjoy your weekend of free premium channels, sounds like it's good timing.)

    ReplyDelete