Sunday, March 23, 2014

Only Ten Minutes

Some cook top cleaner had spurted through the grate on the oven door and left a white trail on the inside of the glass. The streak had been there for quite a while, but it bothered me. Himself was on Spring Break, and it seemed like such a little project. Remove the 6 screws from the oven door so I could clean the inside of the glass.

Himself took the door apart without too much fuss, and I was able to clean the inside of the glass. Putting the door back together was another matter. Screw holes and door parts wouldn't line up. The oven glass wouldn't fit in the proper grooves.  A 10 minute job turned into a lot of horses' patoots. The phrase Himself utters in frustration when the girlies and I are around. He also said through gritted teeth, "I'm not going to take this door apart ever again!" There might have been two or three more exclamation points. I was too busy making myself invisible to really know.

Some two hours later, the oven door was back in place. Sort of. One of the plastic side trim pieces cracked and broke in two. I made a repair appointment on line with Sears.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! Making yourself invisible sounds like a smart move on your part! ;)

    ReplyDelete