Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tools, Gadgets, and Widgets - Adonit Stylus

I love my iPad 2. I love being able to pop it in my bag and I can have everything I need at my fingertips. Finances, files, entertainment. I like taking notes using the note app, Penultimate by Evernote instead of carrying around a bulky notebook or scraps of paper. The only downer to taking notes on the tablet was the stylus. Most styli are the size of your finger tip. The fat, round size makes it hard to see where your mark is being made. Why can't companies make a stylus that was more like a pen? They used to when the old Palm Pilots were around.

I happened to Google slim stylus one day and came across the Adonit Jot Pro. Just what I was looking for. A fine point tip and clear disc lets you see where your mark is being made. It also magnetically attaches to the tablet so it won't get lost. So of course, I wanted one right away. Staples has them online, but not in their stores. And the sales help didn't know what I was talking about. Ditto Best Buy not having them in the store or the help knowing about them. I was going to order online when I found one in the iPad accessories aisle of Target of all places. Oh joy! Oh rapture! I can now take notes and feel as if I'm writing with paper and pen instead of a tree trunk.

Adonit makes the Jot in different styles and prices ranges. The Jot Pro is modestly priced at $29.99

3 comments:

  1. I got my first "i"thing last year...an iphone. I LOVE it! I really want an iPad now because I think it can be used for so much more! Someday....maybe when my kids don't require so much money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stylus that came with the Samsung is thin, has a 'real' point and has a little slot for safe keeping. But I also got a pink one with a fat rubber tip. They both have their uses. I prefer the thin one for drawing.
    (You made me laugh at 'oh joy, oh rapture'. I totally get that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't take credit for "Oh joy, oh rapture." The Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz said it when he first got his brain.

      Delete