Friday, July 17, 2015

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. All set to celebrate The Eldest's 27th birthday on Friday.

2. Except we had to wait until Sunday to have cake as she went to Connecticon (an anime convention) for the weekend.

3. Enjoyed playing with the essential oils that finally arrived.

4. Found the perfect size box to haul supplies to class.

5. Going through the toll booth on the Mass. Pike, the toll collector held out his hand to collect the toll, "That'll be an arm and a leg, please. "  "What?" I wasn't sure if I heard correctly, and I was in full-blown I-gotta-go here, then go there, then order this mode. Apparently, my serious face intimidated the big guy in the booth. "Sorry, was just teasin' you looked so serious." "Well, I was surprised. Toll collectors don't usually talk to drivers." "I talk all the time!" Meanwhile, while finding out how his mother's bunions were doing, a line started forming behind me. He handed my change back, and I left wishing him,"Have a good one." I think I was more amused with the fact that someone could find me intimidating.

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. Toll collectors....must be a lonely job. I bet you perked up his day! :)

    ReplyDelete