Sunday, October 25, 2015

Writing on the Wall - The End

Final clean up on the long wall. The project is done. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Loved writing on the walls and not getting my hand slapped.The latex paint, Valspar Denim (I think that was the color) was a dream to work with. Very creamy, silky feel and flowed off the brush well.

The only time I held my breath was when the owner moved a bookcase into the room which was placed against the long wall. I had a momentary panic attack thinking I had measured the height of the bookcase incorrectly and part of the writing would be obscured. (English major. You do the math.) Not to worry. The bookcase fit perfectly.

Loved working with this family in their beautiful and peaceful home. They knew what they wanted so it was an easy project to work on.



Time for clean up and final touch up 1/2 hour

Total time for the project: 11 hours.

6 comments:

  1. OMG, CJ, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And I loved what verse I saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time getting everything in frame as I only had my iPhone

      Delete
  2. Here are the quotes: On the short wall "Teach her she is not your child, but the offspring of the salty sea breeze and thunderous waterfall, daughter of the jagged purple mountaintops and the weeping willow. Three quotes on the long wall: "Each day the sun sets itself ablaze to illuminate the moon." "Arm her with wisdom. With love make her beautiful in her own eyes." "Through all the odds, you loved, learnt, loved and survived."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The selections are from "On Loving a Daughter Made of Fire"

      Delete
  3. What Sandra said! BEAUTIFUL! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete