Thursday, February 11, 2016

Throwback Thursday

After the holidays while on a grocery shopping trip with Himself, we stopped at a local market, Goretti's. I was excited to find on the markdown shelf, Torrone, an Italian nougat candy. I grew all nostalgic. My Grandma always had these treats for us for the holidays and special occasions.

The almond nougat came in different flavors, lemon, orange, and vanilla with an edible wafer top. I liked to try to peel the wafer off eat that first, and then the candy. The nougat was packaged in tiny boxes. Grandma's candies came from Italy so the packaging was printed in Italian.

The Ferrara nougat is made in New Jersey. I thought the kind Grandma got was a bigger portion, or maybe as a little kid, it just seemed like a big, chewy chunk of Heaven. The Ferrara nougat was just as delicious, and a happy memory of Grandma.

2 comments:

  1. ♪♫♪♫♪♫ mem-o-ries, mem-o-ries ♪♫♪♫♪♫ I love these kind of memories!

    ReplyDelete