Thursday, March 31, 2016

Throwback Thursday

Because The Brother is six years older than I am, my tastes were a little older than my peers. The Brother controlled the television, music, and games. In 1962, The Brother was in 8th grade, and I was in 2nd grade. Ben Hur (1959) starring Charlton Heston was playing in a theater in Boston. Because the movie was sub-titled A Tale of the Christ the nuns at the parochial school we attended wanted to see it. Personally, I think they wanted to ogle the the buff Charlton Heston.

The 7th and 8th graders got to go on a field trip to see the movie. The rest of the school got left behind. My eyes turned green, and my nose was bent out of joint at the unfairness of being too little.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your little sister pain! NO FAIR! was my favorite lament growing up. ;)

    ReplyDelete