Thursday, June 2, 2016

Throwback Thursday


Passenger and Crew List S.S.Romanic sailing from Naples, 18. May 1906 arriving at the port of Boston 31. May 1906

List 47
Line 6
Name: Todisco, Achille (my grandfather)
Age: listed as 15, but he would have been 17 years old
Occupation: Tailor
Last Residence: Torre Le Nocelle
Destination: Brother-in-law, Emanuele de Cristofaro (great-uncle Manny, the stone cutter) at 68 Prince St. Boston, Massachusetts
Previous Travel: No

While working on my genealogy, I decided to vist the blog, The Genealogy of Torre le Nocelle  Torre is the town in Italy where my father's family comes from.  I stumbled onto the blogpost about the ship manifest, the Canopic, and saw my grandfather listed.

I went to my family tree on Ancestry.com to see if I could find the record. Instead, I found the same information, but the ship is listed as the Romanic.

What struck me the most was the date. I found the blog post and the Ancestry.com record on 1. June 2016. 110 years and one day since my grandfather came to his new country.

2 comments:

  1. It's cool to actually see the manifests isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have such wonderful information. And I think he came over with a cousin. Need to follow that thread to be sure

      Delete