Friday, August 12, 2016

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Shortly after my folks passed away, I heard a legend about Cardinals (the bird, not religious leaders or baseball teams)  The legend stated if you see a Cardinal, it's a visit from a loved one who has passed away.  So when I see the birds at the bird feeder, I think of my folks. This week was the 3rd anniversary of my dad's passing. The Cardinals come to the feeder but are usually silent. Too busy eating. This week, the male Cardinal sat on top of the trellis and sang. Dad loved to sing. He sang in his church choir and with his Senior Center glee club. (He was also the director). Dad had a beautiful voice, and the Cardinal let me know Dad is still singing. Miss you, Pal.

2. Spent a productive day in the sun room binge watching The Blacklist.

3. The little sparrow that flew into the sun room screen and fell to the ground was't injured only dazed. After a few minutes, s/he was able to fly away. Whew!

4. Heavy downpours were pushing through the area. I made it to the museum for class before the skies opened up

5. Had a long overdue Skype art date with my friend, A.

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. #1 Awww, so sweet. (I heard that legend about butterflies, so whenever I see one I say 'Hi, Mom!')

    ReplyDelete