Monday, February 13, 2017

Ditty Bags

Saturday, my Sister-in-Law and newlywed Niece-in-Law along with their menfolk came over for lunch and an afternoon learning and playing with essential oils.

I had some things I made, some lip balm and some sugar scrubs, and I planned on a make and take project, hand sanitizer/room spray, but didn't have any gift bags so they could take the goodies home. The first thought was to run out and buy a couple of gift bags, but remember my word for the year, Frugal? No buying things unless absolutely needed. What did I have that could be made into a little goodie bag?

I had white yarn and crochet thread. Perfect, I could make a couple of ditty bags. I found an easy crochet pattern here and since it was so close to Valentine's Day, an easy crochet heart for a decoration. I decided to use the crochet thread for a more delicate little bag.The ditty bag is 4 or 5 inches tall and just the perfect size for filling with small things. Is cute, no?

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! (and a great way to use what you have on hand!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yup, use up what's on hand and the pattern was quick to work up, too.

      Delete
  2. Super cute bags. That was pure inspiration! Heard from my brother in Paxton that the snow had stopped your way.I think ours has finally stopped too, but the wind is blowing. I need to go shovel-YUK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yup, snow ended a lot earlier than forecasted. No complaints. Wind is still wicked. I shoveled walkways and stairs yesterday afternoon. We didn't get more than another couple of inches overnight. So Himself did the walks when he took care of the driveway, cars, and raked the roof. Yup, he's a keeper

      Delete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed, CJ:) Those are just darling. I bet you could sell them, if you so chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I did the craft fair circuit. Trouble is you really need to keep stock on hand and I found there were times when I barely made my table money. Not sure it's worth the effort.

      Delete
  4. That bag is awesome. I am totally impressed. I simply adore that you used what you had, which speaks to your willingness to stick to your guns.

    I have some EOs and have made lip balm, bath bombs, bath salts, and soaps. It seems most people I know take showers, so, other than the lip balm, the gifts are often unappreciated. Looks like that's not the same at your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. We'll see if I can make frugal stick through the whole year.

      I often find people don't appreciate handmade gifts. For the most part, I enjoy the DIY aspect so make stuff mostly for myself.

      Delete