Saturday, September 2, 2017

Second on The Second

From September 2007. The Eldest had just started her freshman year at college

 
While browsing through the store, I came across a package of Pixy Sticks. They made me smile and think of The Eldest away at her first year of college. She liked to write fanfiction and Pixy Sticks feature in some of the stories as author dust. I thought it would be amusing to give the author a new use for the pretty colored, scented, and tasty powder. Study Dust. A little goes a long way.

Ziller Glossy Black Ink, Crow Quill, Arches 300 lb watercolor paper, watercolor pencil, Pearl Ex powder

This is part of Bleubeard and Elizabeth's Second Look. Head on over to their page to see what the rest of the gang are up to the second time around.

17 comments:

  1. I have never seen study dust before, but what a wonderful idea! Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a mama's little nag with a sweet touch to her college student. Study more and party later.

      Delete
  2. Loved this! Happy second on the 2md Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is truly a creative way to think of Pixie Sticks. My brother loved them as a kid so I think of him, but this is a much better thought. I am going to think of that from now on. :) Also love the kitty background. Is that Ink? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ink taken with fall trees in the background

      Delete
  4. Clever idea! (I wish I had thought of it! LOL) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pixie dust from Pixy Sticks - I like that. My, where does the time go?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Study dust. I didn't get it until you explained it. How clever of you and the perfect gift from home, too.

    Thanks for sharing this second look on the 2nd. I'm so glad you shared this, because I'm so new to your blog, I probably haven't seen much at all here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great meme. I never would have thought of reposting posts.

      Delete
  7. Had never heard of pixie(study)dust -great idea! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a popular sweet. Just a straw filled with flavored sugar. You pour in your hand and lick or pour from the straw to your tongue. Sugar rush

      Delete