Friday, September 29, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1.Himself's iPhone 4 battery wasn't able to hold a charge. Took him to the phone store and upgraded him to an iPhone 7. The salesman wasn't able to port the contacts over.  I spent some time chatting with Verizon customer service on Facebook and they had me download Verizon Cloud to the old phone and backup to their cloud. then when that was done, install the app on the new phone and voila contacts would be on the new phone! Didn't work

2. When Himself got home from karate I played with his phone. Poked some buttons and was able to download his contacts from iCloud. Was insufferably pleased that I haven't lost my touch on Help Desk. (BC: before children and calligraphy took over, I was a computer programmer. A very long time ago.)

3. With temps nearing 90, it felt more like Summer than Fall. No complaints from me.Spent the afternoon in the sunroom doing some Reggie homework.

4.  Calligraphy supplies I needed for Reggie's class, arrived very quickly. Thanks, John Neal, Bookseller.

5. On her day off, the Eldest invited me out to lunch.

How was your week?

13 comments:

  1. Glad you got the phone updated, that was great. Enjoy your good weather. It's quite nice here just now, but from tomorrow it will be rain, wind and more! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your computer skills were really put to the test, and I'm thrilled to see you haven't lost your touch. As I mentioned right after I first "met" you, my first computer didn't even have a hard drive, just bootable floppies.

    So I hope you took photos of where the Eldest took you to lunch and you share them on Tuesday (grin). Inquisitive minds and all.

    Sounds like a very pleasing week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for computer dinosaurs. I miss DOS :-D i would never miss an opportunity for a T Day post. I took photos of the day out with the Eldest. Sheduled later in October.:-D

      Delete
  3. Nothing better than lunch with your offspring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you were able to work your magic and got those contacts downloaded onto the phone - you're a star! Your week sounds fun, especially those new calligraphy supplies - perfect 😁. We've been busy this week - shopping with my mum, day out to Preston, treat to one of my favourite restaurants, Beachcare, viewing and buying furniture at our local Auction House - phew it's nice to sit down! Although we are off to watch a fireworks competition tonight too ...lol 😉. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than being able to get something to work! Still having it is always an amazing feeling. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this weather! Great you had a nice mom-daughter lunch, Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Computer programer?? Good for you!! Hope you had a great lunch! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete