Tuesday, October 10, 2017

T Stands for Viking Tea


While visiting Red, she set out the tea things and said she had some special tea she thought I might like. A friend of hers had visited Iceland and brought back some herbal tea for Red. There were two different varieties. Old Viking Tea and Northern Lights Strong Winter Tea. The teas were loose so Red put out the tea infusers. She got to use the new shell shaped infuser she treated herself to when we visited Mystic, CT a month ago.

I prefer black teas to herbal teas. Herbal teas usually smell pretty, but I find they have a weak taste no matter how long they are steeped.  However, I was game to try.

I decided with a name like Old Viking the tea would have to be substantial. This tea was made from Birch, Angelica, Meadowsweet, Iceland Moss, Wild Thyme, and Barley. The taste was bolder than I expected and enhanced nicely with sweetener. Skol, Viking! Very nice, indeed.

Red decided to try the Northern Lights. This tea was similar to the Old Viking. It was made from Angelica, Birch, Iceland Moss, Wild Arctic Thyme, and Stone Bramble. According to the packaging, these herbs are known for their health and healing effects. Either way, Red said she liked this blend, too. I'll have to try it on my next visit.

If you're a tea drinker, what kind of tea do you like best?

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

36 comments:

  1. I love the names. They sound like stronger herbal teas. I've found there are better herbal teas than others. But how could these be bad with those names? Interesting ingredients. Happy T day CJ. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those teas sound interesting. I don't drink much tea, but then it's usually ginger or ginger with ginkgo. They are warming on a cold evening, and we get plenty of them! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger is also good if your stomach feels a little wonky

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun time trying those teas ...lol 😉. They have such great names and I would definitely give them a try too 😁. My favourite tea is Green Tea (I'm guessing you already knew that by now ...lol 😀) and I also like Dandelion tea and Nettle tea. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had dandelion tea or nettle tea. Guess I might have to visit you so I can try them. (-;

      Delete
  4. This names sound super! I wish you a very happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like great teas! After my morning coffee I switch to decafe teas and like a variety of them depending on my mood, and the weather. A go to is green tea or chamomile. Lately it's a lemon/ginger tea. Thanks for sharing your special teas and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the lemon ginger if I'm feeling blah. Chamomile is great in the evening.

      Delete
  6. I don't like the 'flavored' teas. You're right, they smell great but the taste falls short.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the names of those Icelandic teas sound fabulous. And a shell infuser must have made her tea special for Red, too. The names sound great, the ingredients sound great, but I'm not much of a tea drinker. I'm still going through the many, many teas I bought at Spice Merchant last year.

    Thanks for sharing your tea experience with your friend Red at T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ingredients reminded us of Claire, the heroine from Outlander, and her knowledge of herbs and their uses.

      Delete
  8. I prefer black teas, too, but I'm always ready to try a new kind :) Those you tried sound tempting. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'am a black tea fan myself CJ.. I enjoy most varieties that say Chai...Such great names for your tea... with a name like that i might have to try it too! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chai, too. Hot not iced. With the colder weather coming a favorite treat is to get a vanilla chai at one of the coffee shops

      Delete
  10. looks lovely will have to look out for viking tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. a couple years ago I discovered my body did not like caffeine any more-so I am now an herbal tea drinker, although I can handle a weak version of decaf green tea. the viking tea sounded delicious but I can't do the barley-I am such a pain sometimes lol Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those two teas sound really interesting the names for sure perked my interest.
    I am a tea drinker, by favourite blend is called Yorkshire Tea, the longer it is infused the stronger it gets.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great names for the tea. I love to try different ones. I love all teas I think! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying different teas, too. Maybe we should get together for tea tasting.

      Delete
  14. Those teas sound delicious! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! The tea sounds luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a tea drinker at all but those packets look fabulous! Belated Happy Tea Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tried all sorts of teas, CJ, and haven't found one I like yet. I wish I could. I know it's healthier than my drink of choice - diet cola.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried chai tea? The Young One doesn't like tea, but will drink chai tea (with lots of sugar (-; )

      Delete
  18. These teas sound very interesting! My favourite to drink are green tea or mint tea! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete