Tuesday, October 24, 2017

T Stands for Yarn Run with Red

I was starting another crochet project and had whined complained to Red that Michael's didn't have a really big selection of yarn. She called a week or so later and asked if I wanted to go yarn shopping at


Jo-Ann Fabrics. She said they had lots of choices.


and afterward, we'd go poke around the Christmas Tree Shop. But first back to Jo-Ann's


Lots of fun Fall decorations. I took a picture of the hedgehog for my friend, Tiggy, in Scotland. She loves hedgehogs.


Besides finding just the right color yarn I was looking for, I was thrilled to find the wreath stand. These have been hard to find come December when we bring a Christmas wreath to my parents' grave.  I snapped one up, but thinking about it, I should have bought two. Just in case, the item becomes hard to find next year.


And just when I thought how refreshing it was to see Fall and Halloween decorations having their own space,


I turned the corner to find Christmas decorations encroaching on Halloween. Guess that's why it's the Christmas Tree Shop


Grab a mug for your favorite beverage.



While heading to the checkout, we had a really good laugh about all the Wicked stuff. Mints,  fridge magnets, cup holders, coasters - all making fun of our Boston accent. We have a tendency to drop our "Rs". Use your blinkah when signaling a turn when driving your cah.

Red had been shopping for items for raffle baskets for the Waters Farm Fall Festival. She thought the Wicked Pissah items would be a big hit. So she bought a bunch of stuff. She was right, the baskets were a big hit.


Standing in line with all our loot. New garden flag posts, gifts for Christmas, goodies


and a splurge item for me.


After all the shopping, we were stahving so went to the Uptowne Mediterranean next to Jo-Ann's for lunch. Red had eaten at this restaurant before, and she gave it a rave review.




We split a spinach pie appetizer.


I had a gyro which is a most delicious Greek sandwich of lamb wrapped in a flatbread with tomato, onion (none on mine), and tzatziki sauce. Bliss. And the perfect end to the perfect day.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

36 comments:

  1. What a fun time you had at the stores, so many great goodies, and fun things, too. Your meal afterwards looks great, I often eat a gyro here, always so delicious. I sent you a thank you mail! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day our! What did you think of Joann's yarn selection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn selection was larger than what Micheal's had. so I was able to find what I was looking for.

      Delete
  3. LOL! I always think of that accent when i think of Stephen Kings book Dolores Claiborne set in Maine though i think.. What a fun time shopping with a friend who likes the same things... Happy T day CJ! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maine has a slightly different accent. Watch Good Will Hunting. Matt Damon is from Boston. Shopping or just hanging out, I always have a good time with Red.

      Delete
  4. another fun day out and about! The Christmas Tree shop is so much fun to peruse when you have the time. And JoAnne's- I haven't been in about tow years although we have one not far from me. I keep thinking I should go check it out again...
    your lunches look wonderful, but I'd have the gyro without meat. Enjoy your day and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been to either store for quite some time so it was a real fun outing

      Delete
  5. Oh my, what an amazing post! Jo-ann Fabrics looks like a fabulous place to visit, I think I may spend some time and money in there ...lol 😁. I love how you described the Boston accent too, one of my best friends comes from Maine and talks just like that so I had to smile ...lol 😉. You were taken to a great restaurant too - Giros are one of my all time favourite eats, in Greece they serve them with chips/french fries inside too - yummy! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring a lot of money with you to a trip to Jo-Ann's or Christmas Tree Shops. Lots of good stuff. Fries inside the gyro? Oh, that sounds real good

      Delete
  6. What a fun excursion.
    Love the pic of Ink's Happy Halloween.
    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! That looks like a great store! I love to buy a Little Christmas ítem/decoration every year.
    I had a giggle about the Boston accent (I didn't know, just as well you told us as I could appreciate the text on the mugs more)
    The Uptown place looks really nice. I would enjoy their food for sure.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Jo-Ann's and Christmas Tree Shop have a lot to choose from

      Delete
  8. It looks a real interesting store to shop in, so much choice and so many great unusual items. It sounds like you had a good day out and your meal choice sounded delicious.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi oh what fun you had. I love jo ann's and have not been to one in some time now-I always look for coupons too-they seem to have great prices but the coupons really bring the prices down too-i love their button selection too Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I had no idea Jo-Anns had so much variety! I really thought they were "just" a fabric store. I've been missing out.

    That gyro looks tasty :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabrics is their big draw, but they also have decor and a little craft stuff

      Delete
  11. Oh what a great place! We like to visit the Garden centre around Christmas time as the displayed are great and there is a craft shop attached!Your food looks yummy too!Happy T Day!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had coupons for JoAnn's. I was supposed to go there today, but didn't make it because I went in a very different direction. I love how you Bostonians drop your Rs. I almost bought a tee in Cambridge with the inscription "Hahvahd Yahd." Glad you found what you needed at JoAnn's. They always have great deals and fabulous fabric, even though people who make quilts say to never buy fabric from there.

    Sorry I was late visiting. I thought I had been by to see you and Nan, but now realize I missed BOTH of you before I had to rush out the door today.

    My friend Sally loves gyros. She likes the cool cucumber sauce on hers, but the place we always visit give three sauces to choose from.

    I love those mugs. I see a couple I would probably take home. Thanks for sharing your purchases, for taking us with you shopping, for the darling mugs, for the Greek food, and the Snapple and Diet Coke (Red's, not yours) you showed us for T this Tuesday. Again, I apologize for missing you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, Red had coupons. Wonder why quilters don't like Jo-Ann's for fabrics? And our accent is certainly world famous. :-D

      No worries. It's not late, it's prolonging the celebration!

      Delete
  13. Nice. That is a big Joanne's. The one near me is pretty small, but it still has a selection of things. I have never seen those wreath stands so I think you were pretty lucky to find them. Happy T day, though I'm a bit late. Stay dry tomorrow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is in Shrewsbury. At the junction of Rte 9 and 20. Maybe plan a trip when you visit your mmom.

      Delete
  14. Fabulous post dahling! JoAnnes is a dangerous place for me indeed! Yes, poor Thanksgiving almost gets lost between Halloween and Christmas. But I love them, decorations and all. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lament Halloween gets lost completely. Some of the radio stations start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween

      Delete
  15. Now that's my kind of fun day - craft shopping with a friend followed by a delicious lunch, CJ. I love hearing (or reading ;-) that distinctive Boston accent.

    Happy T-Day!! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, a perfect day!!! Now, I want to hear your accent! LOL! Love the cardinal night light!

    ReplyDelete
  17. loved your photos but had to laugh at the the name pissah

    ReplyDelete