Friday, October 13, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Reggie weekend and we played with mixing powdered pigment to make gouache paint. While passing around the powdered pigments to see what they were like, I coveted the ultramarine. When Reggie assigned the pigment we would mix and test, he gave me the ultramarine. Color me ultramarine with giddiness.

2. Reggie weekend while ruling up our paper with the Ames ruling guide, the measurements were off. I suggested another way to use the guide to get the correct measurements.

3. The morning glories looked spectacular this week

4. Someone must have donated some calligraphy books to the education department at WAM. The Studio Program Coordinator put the books in my studio. I drew names and my students picked out a book they wanted. A fun way to end the last class.

5. Got my haircut with the stylist I wanted.

How was your week?

11 comments:

  1. That ultramarine is a great colour. Glad your week was good. Mine was good but busy. Enjoy the weekend, hug, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie. Hope you get a chance to catch your breath this weekend

      Delete
  2. OHHHH. Ultramarine LOVE here. Beautiful. I got a haircut last week and if yours was as good as mine, you are dancing in the aisles. Can't wait to see the morning glories in your garden post this Sunday. Hope your Friday is as great as the rest of your week seems to have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like today is shaping up to be a good one. Enjoy your Friday, too

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a very good week indeed. I hope you share with us what you make with Reggie and that rich ultramarine color. :) have fun this weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were just practice sheets to see the flow rate of the different pigments through a dip pen. Which works, which didn't. Which we liked best

      Delete
  4. A good week all around! Ending with Friday the thirteenth...my lucky day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday the 13th is only unlucky if you're a Knights Templar (-;

      Delete
  5. Oh, I think ultramarine would have been my favourite too - glad you got to play with this amazing colour 😁. So pleased to hear the morning glory has been so spectacular, what a treat! Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really nice, that someone donated some books! I love that colour! Happy your morning glories looked amazing! You should show a picture of your hair! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete