Saturday, November 18, 2017

Happy Feet



This month, Jan and Jewish Mother Extraordinaire, from Creative Instigation has been focusing on little things that make one happy. Last week, she mentioned Super Socks

Lately, I've been obsessed on a colorful sock kick. Maybe it's a middle age crisis thing. Maybe it comes from years of sock repression and being forced to wear dark green knee socks or white ankle socks. Maybe it was sock envy because the girlies could express their personality through socks even when they wore their school uniform. Whatever. Colorful socks make me happy.

Top Row, left to right: Black Cat Halloween (no surprise), Hokusai - The Wave, Michelangelo - The David, Monet - Houses of Parliament at Night, Munch - The Scream, Christmas Polar Bears (there were no Christmas black cats)

Middle: Steinlein - Le Chat Noir (of course), Botticelli - The Birth of Venus, Fox =^,.^=, van Gogh - Starry Night, de Saint-Exupéry - Let Petit Prince (one of my favorite stories. I've read it in French, English, and German),

Bottom Row: Flying Squirrels, Flying Monkeys from The Wizard of Oz, Bob Ross and Happy Clouds (there were happy trees, but blue is my color), Burch - Primitive Cats, Moon Phase, Constellations, Gumby and Pokey (I had a Gumby as a kid. A green rubber figure with wire in the body so you could twist and pose him. I twisted that thing so much the wire poked through the rubber. I wanted a Pokey, but never got one. Until now.) And if you need to borrow a pair of socks, just let me know.

So what little thing(s) make you happy?

18 comments:

  1. OMGosh. I am a socks person, but I have NEVER had any that look this fabulous. Little things that make ME happy are rocking horses of any size, shape, design, or material. Have a great Saturday, CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection! I love the idea of crazy socks and would buy some but the actual WEARING of socks makes me break out in a hot flash! ;) I don't think I've had socks on my feet in 17 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear socks when the temps are in the 80s. That must be your daily average temp in sunny FLA.

      Delete
  3. How fun!! your feet will be happy for sure-hus

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful socks. I love fun and pretty socks, these would all make me happy, that's for sure. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing socks! I love the artsy ones. I love fun socks. They are always cheery and a great way to be playful since one thing about middle age is that it's hard to wear some of the fun youthful outfits the same way. Well unless you are like tall and thin friend who can still get away with looking like a 20 years at age 62. But me, I have some short Polish weight genes. Just isn't going to happen. :) Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. Sophia Loren wasn't in my family so I got short Italian weight genes. The art ones are for when I teach class or a workshop. Would be fun to try and coordinate socks and lessons.

      Delete
  6. Love the socks! It's the little things that get us through, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful array of socks! I think I must have happy feet too as I also have quite a collection of colourful socks too, although mine are not as diverse as yours ...lol 😉. My favourite is the Bob Ross Happy Clouds socks, perfect! Wishing you and your happy feet a lovely weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the socks! Heather would love those, since she has a terrific sock collection that her preschoolers really enjoy. I have gone the other direction. Used to have lots of wild socks. Now I wear mostly white...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until you hit middle age. Then vibrant socks will be your desire. :-D

      Delete
  9. I LOVE your socks!!!!! Great collection!! I have to admit, I love socks too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete