Saturday, January 20, 2018

Problems on Blogger Using Chrome

At the beginning of December, I whined about problems I was having with Blogger using Chrome as my browser Even though I was logged in, I couldn't comment on Blogger blogs or my own blog. Very frustrating. And I couldn't seem to find an answer other than to switch browsers. I don't care for Internet Explorer and don't really like Firefox as loading webpages was very slow. Also my bank doesn't support Firefox, but I limped along with it.

So Friday, just for chuckles and to procrastinate doing some housework, I started looking for answers. And this time I found the answer! Third party cookies needed to be enabled. I found the answer at the University of Connecticut Off-Campus Housing of all places. There were also instructions for other web browsers.

18 comments:

  1. I am happy that you have solved your problem and managed to avoid doing too much housew**k. I have never had any problems like this with Chrome and Blogger, but it's always good to know where to look for answers when you need them. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing-I have a friend that several years ago stopped blogging because she had the exact same problem I will let her know thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope this solves her problem and she decides to get back to blogging

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the info but I don't want 'cookies' tracking where I go and what I do. I end up getting too much spam and unwanted ads! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly every website you use, tracks your visit with cookies. To get rid of unwanted ads on websites, you can try using Adaware, a blocking tool. Chrome has an extension for it in the Chrome store in your settings.

      Delete
  4. Could that be why blogger is so slow? I have mine set to accept only certain cookies that I specify each time I visit a site. Thanks for letting me know, though, since I'm a Firefox user. Their new Firefox is supposed to be much, much faster, but my internet is so slow (just one step above dial-up), I don't see much difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't make a difference what browser you use, but I found Firefox to be painfully slow. Sometimes the companies don't play nicely with each other. Google (including Blogger) wants you to use Chrome, Microsoft wants you to use IE and maybe they get a little budgey if you use something else. Who knows?

      Delete
    2. Either that or all the Internet providers have dialed back their speeds since Net Neutrality was shut down. =^,.^=

      Delete
  5. Glad you found out how to solve this problem! Sounds like a great excuse to put the housework on hold to me ...lol 😉. Happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you CJ! I use to have a PC, but I have a Mac now for about 3 years and touch wood, it's working well with blogger, but I use to have that problem you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing all the answers you can find on the Interwebs

      Delete