Sunday, February 25, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


After the snow, the sun came out and the temperatures warmed up causing avalanches to cascade off the solar array.


Temperatures got close to 70 by Tuesday. Bye bye snow.


A second day of record breaking temperatures and


a good day to take down all the Christmas decorations.


And to put up Seamus to greet guests.


A nuisance storm on the way and the squirrel made a nuisance of himself by closing the hatch to the feeder.


Juncos (snowbirds) enjoy a snack while dodging the snowflakes.


This was an herbage event. No snow on the pavements. No worries about whether the mailbox would survive the plow.


Since I had no travel plans, and Himself had to attend a seminar. He decided to take my car with the built-in GPS. I did not have to go out to brush off my car.


The cardinal turned to pose for the camera. Hi, Dad!


Crazy weather. Snow  then warm temps. melt the snow. The cycle repeated itself this week. I could do without the snow part. Meanwhile, the squirrel is determined to keep me in shape.


The ice melted in the bird bath.


And today, another sleety, icy mess.

All this back and forth makes me feel like shouting at Old Man Winter:


How does your garden grow?

14 comments:

  1. Well it's snowy pretty hard right now. We weren't totally snow-free, but about 75% snow free, and I even took out a couple of plastic lawn chairs yesterday. I am hoping. Sounds like your weather will change over to rain before us, but hopefully, both of us will get rain pretty quick. Hope it's not bad of a Sunday CJ, and more warmth tomorrow. What a crazy winter it had been. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was icy earlier this morning, bu has since gone over to rain. Hopefully, you will have nice weather for the rest of your school vacation week so you can enjoy outside while sitting on your lawn chairs.

      Delete
  2. My ice is gone but my keyboard is still acting up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time for the keyboard to go with the ice? =^,.^=

      Delete
  3. Well....at least it isn't a blizzard! Right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, though that might happen at the end of the week. )-:

      Delete
  4. Sooner or later it will be spring. It's bitter cold here. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like it will be later than sooner. =^,.^=

      Delete
  5. It's crazy here. Daffodils, shrubs and flowering trees are blooming. It's beautiful to see but I'm afraid at some point they're going to get smacked. There's still a full month of March left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes turned green. But your area doesn't typically get much snow, does it?

      Delete
  6. We also have had unseasonable temps here the past week especially. In one days time, we went from 27 to 82 degrees!

    Anyway, can not wait until spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still on the countdown for Summer as Spring up here can be wet and cold. A lot like Winter without the shoveling. :-D

      Delete
  7. We are the same exactly as you CJ!! The weather girl today said, don't get use to the warm temperatures, yet! I think she is right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like variable weather! I loved seeing the red cardinal posing for your photo ...lol 😉. He is so handsome and Seamus looks so much fun too. My garden is lightly covered in snow at the moment 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete