Saturday, February 17, 2018

It's Alive

The Eldest had a peace lily in her cubicle where she used to work. She thought briefly about moving it to Pennsylvania, but it most likely wouldn't have survived being packed and the trip.


I named the plant, Lily, and in the 3 weeks that The Eldest has been gone, I haven't killed the plant (yet). I don't have much of a green thumb. The Eldest told me a peace lily is an easy plant to take care of. It doesn't like direct sunlight, doesn't need a lot of water, and will droop when it needs a drink. So far so good.

I felt bad her plant couldn't make the move with her. So, on her second day of orientation, I had a plant delivered to the apartment. The arrangement is called Dreaming in Pink (her favorite color) and has a peace lily as well as a polka dot plant, and pink tea roses. Nan told me the pink flowers are daisy poms and were cut stems that didn't last very long.



Hopefully, The Eldest's lily will last a long time and will bring peace and happiness in her new home.




17 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one without a super green thumb! Hope your lily will flourish. The floral arrangement you sent your daughter is lovely. I'm sure it brightened her day. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just soooo sweet of you-hugs
    good luck with your new to you plant-looking good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm amazed it's lasted this long with me tending to it.

      Delete
  3. Hope her new plant and her old/your new plant both thrive. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO thoughtful, dear friend. I'm sure she is thrilled with her new plant and you'll be happy with "yours."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was happy and it looked very pretty in her living room.

      Delete
  5. Having the eldest's peace lily plant is a way to keep her with you in your home. You will have to be extra careful not to overwater it or underwater it because she won't trust you with anything else if you can't manage an easy to care for plant. Hee-hee. Happy almost Sunday. Is it snowing at your house yet? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wait a minute- that was a bad question to ask, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny, I may be worse than you looking after houseplants ...lol 😉 ... as Lily looks very heathy 😁. The flowers that you bought your eldest are beautiful and just the thing to welcome her into her new home. Wishing her all the best and you a Happy Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope both plants grow amazingly well, and bring you both so much happiness! I love the one you sent to your eldest CJ! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete