Saturday, February 3, 2018

Why On Earth

and all things good and holy did some idiot come up with the idea in the dead of Winter, if a groundhog sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of Winter?

Why didn't someone think to rip the rodent from his den in August? The varmint saw his shadow so there will be six more weeks of Summer. More Summer is a much better idea if rodentia must forecast the weather.

And while I'm pouring a glass of whine, even though this year is not a Leap Year, the same thought extends to the calendar. We need to add an extra day to the calendar to resolve the problem of converting from the  Julian to the Gregorian calendar. I know! Let's add a day to February. That way everyone is already freezing their butts off and can have an extra day to freeze. Why didn't they think, let's add a day to July or August? We could have an extra beach day! Or for those of you who whine about the Summer heat, add an extra day at the end of September. I'd take  that over an extra day in February.

Maybe I need to move to Australia, because it's Summer there. Then if a koala sees its shadow, there would be six more weeks of Summer. And an extra day in February would still be Summer Down Under. Yeah, that would work.

16 comments:

  1. I like your way of thinking, who wants or needs more winter? It's chilly and windy out today, so I'm enjoying a play day at home. Stay warm! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same weather here. Since the Eldest's room is vacant, I'm cleaning out my new studio space. Enjoy your play day and stay warm

      Delete
  2. the good thing is the rodent is over 60% wrong with his predictions haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter whether he sees his shadow or not, there's still 6 more weeks of winter )-,:

      Delete
  3. Cute whine! I vote for June, after removing all months with 31, and all months kids are in school, Good luck with your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing so hard, I can hardly type. I love your whine. I love spring and autumn, but not the bitter cold of winter or the intense heat of summer. I will gladly whine about the groundhog. He may be cute, but he is a bad weatherman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is. Though nice to have a job where you can consistently make mistakes and not get fired.

      Delete
  5. I agree!!! One more day in September would have been lovely! (Enjoy your purge!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's happening. 3 bags so far to go to charity. Pick up next Sat.!

      Delete
  6. Lol ...so funny! You reminded me of a sign I have that says "Would you like some cheese to go with that whine" 😁. Stay warm and Happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it should be spelled Cheez! along with an eye roll. :-D

      Delete
  7. CJ, you made me laugh so hard! LOL!
    We are getting a very bad snow storm right now! Fun stuff! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it sounds like you need 6 weeks in Australia or someplace south of the equator. Hee-hee. :) This has been a tough winter and I am certainly also ready for some better weather. Maybe we can keep the snow at bay for the next 6 weeks. That would be awesome but I guess I won't hold my breath. Hope you had a good trip home. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so done with snow, ice, and cold. Trip home went smoothly.

      Delete