Saturday, March 3, 2018

Lost In Space

After reading my last T Stands For post, Himself pointed out I didn't accurately describe my arrival or finding Himself at Boston's Logan Airport. Here are the actual text messages.

Me (11:28 AM) at Pittsburgh airport. they are cleaning the plane before they board us.



Himself (11:41 AM) See you soon.





Me: (1:30 PM) Just landed. taxiing to gate.

Himself: (1:35 PM) At zone 1 passengers pickup

Me: (1:35 PM)


I grabbed my carry-on, exited the plane, and followed the crowd.  Most were headed downstairs to the baggage carousels. Since I only had the carry-on bag, I didn't need to go to baggage, or so I thought. I saw an exit sign and headed outside.

Me: (1:44 PM) i'm outside

Himself (1:44 PM) Terminal C?

Me: (1:44 PM) yes

Himself: (1:45 PM) Don't see you

Me: (1:45 PM) door 202

Himself: (1:45 PM) I'm by JetBlue

Me: (1:45 PM) so am I

Himself: (1:46 PM) Walk across to zone 1 last car in line.

Me: (1:46 PM) i don't know where that is



Himself: (1:46 PM) By cop car
               (1:47 PM) Flashing blue lights

Me: ( 1:47 PM) there are 2 cop cars
                           im down by limo?

Himself: (1:47 PM) Sure you're at arrival?

Me:  (1:48 PM) it's where I came out. let me see if I can get back in.

Himself: (1:49 PM) Look for taxi line
                                 Passenger pickup zone 1

I went back inside the terminal and found my way down to baggage claim and another set of exit doors. Lots of cars, cop cars, taxis. Two lanes separated by an island.

Himself : (1:51 PM) See you

And at the same time, I spotted my car.

Himself: (1:51 PM) Walk across

And I did. And we drove home.



The End

13 comments:

  1. Good story. It's so easy to get lost/confused/mixed up at airports and stations. Glad you found each other in the end. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D And I have such a poor sense of direction.

      Delete
  2. That is as funny as the first time I had to change planes. I had always flown non-stop before that. And the bad thing was, it was at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That airport is soooo big. Fortunately, I only had to sit and wait. I didn't have to find my way out.

      Delete
  3. It's easy to do that at Logan. You should try waiting like 2 hours to get through customs there because it seems every international plane lands at the same time. Then they send you down this way and that way to exit. You're post made me smile though. I thought at 1 time Jet Blue flew into Worcester. Too bad they don't because that would be too easy. That's a nice little airport but its management seems to be a disaster. The city of Worcester needs to give that up, if it still runs it. Oh well, I babble. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jet Blue does fly out of Worcester, but only to Florida. Worcester is a very nice airport. i used to fly out of there to New Jersey on business. Flew Bar Harbor Air, a puddle jumper to Newark. the problem with Worcester is the location. It's at such a high elevation, there's always fog so the airport is shut down. And there's no direct route from the Pike so you have to wind your way through the city to get there.

      Delete
  4. Sounds about par for the course! Airports.....ugh. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when it's crowded. And you're short. And all you can see are butts and ankles. And no signage. :-D

      Delete
  5. Ha. Sounds like a typical spouse-spouse conversation:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your story ...lol 😉. Thanks for the smiles and Happy Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Airports are confusing! LOL! Great story CJ!!!

    ReplyDelete