Friday, March 30, 2018

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. The  Eldest had given Himself a fruit of the month club. This month's fruit was ruby grapefruit. Not a big favorite. I found a recipe to make a grapefruit cake, a take on a lemon cake. Not bad.

2. Went to IHOP and had chicken and waffles for supper. And awesome lunch the next day.

3. Was looking for pussywillows, but couldn't find them. Nan suggested trying Trader Joe's. Great suggestion.

4. Took the car in for service. Got it back washed and vacced.

5. The Young One and I went to see Ponyo. The first movie in the Studio Ghibli Fest for 2018. The films are the anniversary showing of Hayao Miyazaki's animated films. Yeah, you know him if I said My Neighbor Totoro.

How was your week?

12 comments:

  1. I like chicken and waffles. YUm. That was a smart pick. And ufn going out to the movies. I've always wanted to try a grapefruit cake. Your week sounds good. Mine was good too. Snow is melting fast right now. I slept late today since I am taking the day and am heading out in a bit. Did some retirement planning and figured out I can go when I want to go. :) Life is good! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link to the grapefruit cake recipe:

      http://www.lifeisbutadish.com/grapefruit-yogurt-cake/

      Enjoy your day out

      Delete
  2. They washed and vacuumed your car???? THAT would make my week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous week! Suprise, suprise - your visit to IHOP and the chicken waffles caught my attention ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰, I bet they were delicious! Glad you had a great week and wishing you and yours a very happy holidays! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still have keyboard woes, but want to wish you a happy Easter. Loved the ideas of waffles and chicken, which I have never had. Stay safe over the holiday and please let me know what the pussy willows are for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a student art show at the museum where I teach. My students made illuminated bookmarks. The bookmarks were clipped to the pussywillow branches in a vase and will be on display showcasing their work.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like another good week. Happy Easter to you and yours, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grapefruit cake? Sounds good! I love grapefruits! Chicken and waffles, yummy! Enjoy your nice clean car! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the clean car. It almost look like it belongs to someone else. There was so much sand on the floor, it looked like a beach!

      Delete