Monday, April 30, 2018

Kids Say the Darndest Things


A practice piece from something the Eldest said which I found amusing. "Whoever said a diamond is a girl's best friend has never used a step stool."

Originally, I had drawn a diamond in Chibi's (the Eldest's nickname) hands. But then got the bright idea of using a diamond earring from a piece of costume jewelry. The diamond was attached with Crafter's Pick The Ultimate, a non-toxic, water-based, super glue.

Pilot Parallel Pen 1.5 mm with Noodler's Black ink, on Diploma parchment, 8 in. x 10 in., cartoon frame done in Paint Shop Pro X8

14 comments:

  1. Being short myself, I totally agree. But diamonds are nice too, aren't they? Love your piece today. Adding the diamond was a great idea. happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added the diamond because a girl can't have too much bling

      Delete
  2. Wonderful piece, love the added bling! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 4'11", so I can definitely relate. As for The Ultimate, my crafter and shop-aholic friend Kathy gave me the dregs of a bottle one year and told me it would hold the fur on Bleubeard's butt to the ceiling, it was that good. I haven't tried the fur trick (mainly because I don't want to upset my bud), but I'm on my second bottle of the stuff that truly works when other products don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had asked for glue recommendations for the baby name piece and Jacqueline Sullivan, a teacher I had taken a workshop with many years ago recommended it to me. I'm pretty pleased with its use. I even glued the knob on the top of a sterling silver sugar bowl. Super glue didn't work, but the Ultimate has held.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The Eldest is the clever one. I just wrote down what she said.

      Delete
  5. This is so adorable! I love it! I use a step stool all the time! LOL! Excellent CJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me laugh when she said it. Just had to calligraph it.

      Delete