Saturday, April 7, 2018

My Little Corner

When you live in a dollhouse, you need to find creative storage solutions. I found just such a unit to store art supplies in my little corner.



It's called a Cabidoor. Fits any hinged door with a 4" clearance between doorframe and wall. Most likely, Himself was very happy that the main unit came fully assembled. It didn't take very long for Himself to mount the unit to the door hinges.


The unit comes with adjustable shelves and retention rods so things won't spill out as you open and close the door. There's only one small flaw with the design. you can't place shelves on the same level as the door hinges as there's some hardware that interferes.

One of the problems I had working in the basement was I didn't have a very good storage system. Things were always all over the place.  Maybe it was more of a case of having too much shit stuff and not an easy storage system.

I really like the Cabidor. There's plenty of room to corral supplies while making them easy to see. I might be ordering another unit because I need a bigger boat.

18 comments:

  1. That looks like a very practical solution, I could do with something like that in my tiny bathroom, but I have never seen those cabidors over here :(Enjoy your weekend and your new storage space, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not available on your Amazon under Cabridor?

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this and your cabidor looks amazing! It is such a brilliant storage solution and I loved seeing how it worked and filled with all your calligraphy and crafting goodies 😀. I'm not sure they are that well known over here and Amazon UK are out of stock at the moment. Happy Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it will work out well. There's still a lot more stuff in the basement. :D

      Delete
  3. I think it's a brilliant idea and I like the solution. However, being a cheap (OOPS, frugal) person, I use shoe hangers to corral my various mixed media tools and supplies. This seems to work well for you, though, which I think is a very clever idea when you don't want to have to look at the stuff, but can hide it behind the "door."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought of it, but wasn't sure how secure they would hold things. I was worried ink bottles would spill out.

      Delete
  4. I love it. Need a bigger boat. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need a bigger boat otherwise I have to get rid of a lot of stuff :-D

      Delete
  5. Awesome! Easier to keep clean and organized than shoe hangers. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the inks and stuff, I just thought shelves might be sturdier

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to find out about this cabidoor. I love in a small house too (seeing we have a nice addition that has been unfinished for 15 years-ugh) and I know all about the space problem. Thanks for sharing and telling us more bout this cool storage unit. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of coolest set ups I have I seen in a long time. I might have to look for one of those ... LOL!

    Oh yes, I did leave a comment on your post about your flower art but I am not sure you got it?? I have been having blogger issues as of late so hopefully you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered mine through Improvements Catalog
      https://www.improvementscatalog.com

      Your comment is probably awaiting moderation. I've been a little behind this week. My apologies, my Lady

      Delete
  8. This is brilliant! What a great idea! And, it doesn't stick out too much, which is excellent!

    ReplyDelete