Monday, April 2, 2018

Second on the Second - Watercolor Play

From 5. April 2010

After torrential amounts of rain and vaccing water from the basement, the sun finally came out. We had unseasonably warm weather over the weekend when Spring Fever finally hit me. I grabbed my sketchbook, a few brushes, watercolors and sat in the sun room and painted these crazy tulips.

Have you had a bout of Spring Fever yet? What flowers have sprouted in your garden?

It's your turn to play. From Elizabeth: Now it's time to share your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Join hosts Bleubeard and Elizabeth to see what else is being served up the Second Time Around.

20 comments:

  1. Is this a wishful thinking post? Is this one that you would have enjoyed if it happened this weekend, instead of 2010? I think it's very timely, and I love the cute flowers (tulips) you drew, too. Thanks for this awesome second look on the 2nd, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a very wishful thinking post. It's snowing now.

      Delete
  2. Do you mean there were years when the weather was spring-warm and when the tulips came out of hiding? This is what we need this year. Beautiful painting! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was because the weather was starting to get nice and I was anxious to get out into the sun room.

      Delete
  3. I remember getting those major rains-I think we had them a couple of years. But it was nice when spring arrived in April instead of this hence of snow week. UGH!!! Come on, it's April. I don't even want to see flurries. Happy Monday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm looking out the window at the snow falling like my tears.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Elizabeth this post is perfect timing for now-we are in the 20s here with ice and should be in the lower 70s by now. Loved your tulips Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! So perky and cheerful.
    The azaleas are about to burst open here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have an old blog called Novel Recipes, where I share recipes from classic novels... wish I had stuck with it!! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds interesting. And nothing says you can't share classic novel recipes on your current blog

      Delete
  7. Oh yes! A proper Spring!Good choice for second look!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, I would have to say I DEFINITELY have had spring fever already. Strangest unseasonable weather I can remember to date here.

    Those tulips are lovely! I was always pretty good with sketching in art class BUT I never could master water colors no matter how hard I tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These tulips are one stroke. Easy and fun to do.

      Delete