Saturday, April 28, 2018

Transplanting Lily

I'm not very good with plants so was apprehensive when The Eldest left her peace lily behind. She moved in January so I was feeling pretty good her plant was still alive. Until last week. Lily wasn't looking too good. She was in the location where she had been doing great so that didn't seem to be the problem, and I know I wasn't over watering her. I thought the problem might be she was outgrowing her pot.



After watching a few YouTube videos on transplanting peace lilies, I decided to give it a try. Worst scenario was I'd kill the plant which looked like the case if she stayed in her original pot. I took Lily outside to the sun room where I could sit on the outside step while filling pots. I removed Lily from her pot and it looked like there was several plants all in one pot. I separated them as best I could and replanted them. The main plant still looked like it had multiple plants, but I had run out of pots so just replanted it in a bigger pot.



After a week, the plants were still looking pretty good. And I noticed Big Lily looked like she was going to flower or she had a horrible growth.


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting Big Lily into a new home! I hope she thrives and flourishes. My orchid now has 2 new buds, also very exciting! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She and the other Lilies seem to be doing well. One went to live with Red.

      Delete
  2. Good for you. And to think you were worried before. I bet your daughter is happy with you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still am. Now I have the pressure of keeping 4 plants alive :-D

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh, the 'SPONSITILITY!!! I'd choke under the pressure! Good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, CJ!!!!!
    Big Lily. Ha Ha. Sounds like a saloon girl in the old west:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go CJ! Good job!!! I'm not good with house plants, just out door ones! LOL!

    ReplyDelete